Easy Pace Italy Tour
April 07, 2024 - April 16, 2024
Ready for the adventure of a lifetime? Join me on a 10-day tour of ITALY's top highlights! We'll start in Rome, exploring the legendary Colosseum and indulging in a VIP dinner at the Vatican Museums. Then we'll take in the breathtaking Renaissance art at Florence's Piazza della Signoria before heading to the famous leaning tower of Pisa. In the Tuscan hills, we'll feast on delicious, organic Italian food straight from the farm. Finally, we'll board a private boat in Venice and glide past the city's stunning palaces and bridges, ending up in the marble arcades of Piazza San Marco. Don't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure – join me on a trip you'll never forget!
|SUNDAY, APRIL 7, 2024||Rome is one of the world’s most historic cities, filled with classic antiquities, medieval buildings, renaissance palaces and baroque churches.This evening you will get to know your traveling companions over a relaxed evening of dinner and wine, as you join your local host for a truly Italian, home-cooked meal.|
|MONDAY, APRIL 8, 2024||A local expert will guide you through the grandeur of the Vatican State, bypassing lines to enter the Vatican Museums. View priceless artwork including Michelangelo's famous painted ceiling in the Sistine Chapel and his early work, the Pietà, in St Peter's Basilica, and the famous Bramante Staircase which is normally off-limits to the general public Later, enjoy local wine and an elegant dinner at a Roman restaurant while being serenaded with private performances of Italian operas.|
|TUESDAY, APRIL 9, 2024||Spend another day enjoying Rome at your own pace. Stroll to the boutiques of the Via del Corso and Via Nazionale or visit the elegant designer stores near the Spanish Steps. Perhaps take an optional experience south to the ill-fated town of Pompeii? As night falls, why not sip a glass of prosecco at a sidewalk cafe in Piazza Navona and enjoy the pageant of life all around you.|
|WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10, 2024||Drive to the Chianti Hills and the city of Florence.|
|THURSDAY, APRIL 11, 2024||Discover Florence with a visit to the Accademia Museum to see Michelangelo's David or an Italian shopping tour. Admire the multi-coloured cathedral, bell tower, and baptistery with the recreated Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise. Explore Piazza della Signoria, the political heart of Florence, with Renaissance masterpieces including Neptune, Hercules and Cacus statues. Browse the luxury goods at Piazza Santa Croce and see the basilica. Enjoy free time to shop or explore at your leisure.|
|FRIDAY, APRIL 12, 2024||Enjoy a morning in Florence before heading to nearby Pisa with a Local Expert. Take in the famous Leaning Tower, baptistery, and colonnaded bell tower. Visit the organic farm, il Poggio, to explore olive oil and wine production on a guided walk. Indulge in a wine and olive oil tasting, followed by an authentic Italian meal crafted with locally sourced ingredients, all while admiring the stunning views of the Tuscan hills.|
|SATURDAY, APRIL 13, 2024||Today we travel through the Emilia-Romagna region, and stop to sample the flavors of the region and learn about Italian food culture over a delicious lunch with wine. Take the autostrada east to Venice, Queen of the Adriatic. Your luxurious hotel gazes out over the Giudecca Canal and an unforgettably romantic city skyline|
|SUNDAY, APRIL 14, 2024||Our private boat takes us to St. Mark's Square, passing historic churches and 13th-century palaces along the way. Visit the Doge's Palace and prisons, connected by the Bridge of Sighs, and admire the gilded facade of St. Mark's Basilica. Discover traditional glass blowing at a local arts center. The rest of the day is yours to browse museums, galleries, and churches or go shopping for souvenirs at Rialto Bridge.|
|MONDAY, APRIL 15, 2024||Free time in Venice: Explore the hidden lanes and quiet squares where the locals go about their daily lives. Visit one of the 90 churches showcasing masterpieces of Venetian art or browse modern artworks at the Guggenheim. Relax with a glass of local wine at a canal-side café or savor lagoon-fresh fish. Later, embark on a traditional gondola for a romantic serenade through the canals. For dinner, head to your Celebration Dinner with a Venetian twist, featuring traditional dishes crafted with the freshest seasonal produce.|
|TUESDAY, APRIL 16, 2024||Alas, you must bid farewell to this enchanting city.|
- Rome: Food and family go hand-in-hand in Italy and are pillars of the Italian way of life. Experience it for yourself at a uniquely Roman Welcome Dinner with an invitation from your local host to join them for a truly Italian, home-cooked meal.
- Rome: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner of delicious Italian cuisine and wine, accompanied by the rich tremolo of some of Italy's best loved songs.
- Vatican: Gain priority access into the Vatican Museums and admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter's Basilica.
- Tuscany: Visit Il Poggio to learn about organic olive and grape farming. Then enjoy a tasting as you sit down to a fabulous dinner of Tuscan specialities, complimented by stunning views.
- Bologna: Savour flavors of the region over a delicious lunch with wine.
- Florence: Wander through the market stalls and browse for local Italian souvenirs and leather goods on a guided shopping tour.
- Florence: Enjoy panoramic views over the city and see the Florence Cathedral. During your guided walking orientation, see the bell tower, Gates of Paradise on the baptistery and visit Piazza della Signoria.
- Pisa: Discover the iconic Square of Miracles in all its glory - including the Leaning Tower, Cathedral, and baptistery - with the knowledgeable guidance of a local expert.
- Venice: Enjoy a special Venetian Celebration Dinner with wine at La Fenice, situated in the heart of this historic city.
- Venice: Cruise to St. Mark's Square and see the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Basilica.
- Venice: Delight in the magic of this charming city as you are serenaded, traveling through the atmospheric canals by gondola.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing, now practiced by precious few masters. Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices. The workshop's master craftsmen teach visitors about the traditional craft of glassblowing and its history which dates back to the 15th century.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organizer, and friend overseas.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will delight you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
- Breakfast daily, 1 Lunch with Wine, 4 Dinners with Wine
What's not included
- No early check in/late checkout included.
- International, domestic and internal airfares.
- Travel insurance, visas and items of a personal nature.
- Gratuities to Travel Director, Coach Drivers and local Experts.
To reserve your spot on this incredible tour, a $200 nonrefundable deposit is required at the time of booking.
FINAL PAYMENT DUE FOR ALL ROOMS IS JANUARY 17, 2024.